Half Day Zero To Hero Photography Workshop (Max 10)
Location: Sydney Botanical Gardens & Mrs Maquarie’s Chair (Dates Below)
The workshop will be run by two coaches and is tailored for individuals that are keen to move away from automatic mode and learn how to make more captivating, meaningful images. This is a workshop I run each year onboard luxury expedition cruise ships in Antarctica & South Georgia. No matter what type of photography you’re into, it’s crucial that you understand your equipment and how to utilise manual modes to capture more creative images. Don’t worry, we’ll keep things simple and understandable. By the end of the theory section, you will understand the relationship between aperture, ISO and shutter speed as well as metering, focus and drive modes. We’ll then move onto the practical section (aka the fun part) where you’ll learn how to put your newfound knowledge to good use. By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to create the desired amount of depth in an image, capture or freeze motion, consistently take sharp and in focus images and be able to effectively control your camera to create a range of creative exposures.
- Handout with workshop content and structure.
- Interactive theory session where we’ll explain the ins and outs of cameras, settings and how to maximise the equipment you have.
- 3 hour interactive practical workshop guided by 2 coaches.
- Membership to an exclusive Facebook photography community
- 1 on 1 guidance and advise.
- Snacks and refreshments.
What you need:
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera with lens
- Comfortable shoes (nothing fancy as we’ll likely go off path)
- Hat and suncream
- Tripod (Can be borrowed if you don’t own one)
- Filters (Not a requirement but a bonus if you have)
Questions about equipment? Let us know in the contact form below).
Cost: $150 pp